Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008









Thanksgiving with the Belkas! The kids couldn't wait to see their cousins that were all going to be here for Thanksgiving. They were ecstatic to find out that they were going to Grandma and Grandpa Belka's house two days earlier than we were planning. After almost a month of being sick and not getting better on one antibiotic, the doctor took an x-ray and found pneumonia and so put me on another one. So I was so thankful that Natalie stopped and picked up the kids and took them home to Mom and Dad's house to help me get some rest. Everyone took such great care of them and they had a blast watching movies, painting their nails, going on the four wheeler with Grandpa, coloring, and getting out every toy that was in the house! I was so glad that they were having such a wonderful time too because it helped me relax and knew that they were in good hands. So on Thanksgiving I was ready to get up to Salt Lake and be with my family. I was missing them so badly. The house was way too quiet. We had a great time and had a wonderful dinner. I just wish I could have tasted it though. The Belka women wouldn't let me do anything. In fact, they even gave me a massage! What did I ever do to deserve such great sisters. The kids played and played! Byron and the men folk went and played their annual turkey bowl and we enjoyed just being together.

I am so THANKFUL for family and that we are all so close to both of our families. I am thankful for the many wonderful examples they are to me and are not only family members but are our closest friends too. I am thankful to be married to such a wonderful husband and be the mother to Brynn, Bryten, and Briggs. They are my life and I love them so much!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: