Sunday, April 5, 2009

A quiet moment....


Suspect 1 Briggs

Suspect 2 Brockston

Over the weekend of Bryten's birthday, we had two of my sister's kids Brockston and Annastin stay with us. We loved having them with us and Bryten loved being able to have her cousins here on her birthday. So Sunday morning came and I was determined to be on time to church. We started early and had all the 5 kids bathed and ready, so Byron and I went to get ready. Briggs and Brockston loved being together but sometimes didn't love having to share the same wanted toys!! They had been having a rought morning but all of a sudden there was a long quiet moment.....too long. I came out to check because it WAS so quiet and this is what I found. The boys had gotten into markers and decided to paint each other like they were going to war. I didn't know what to do but hurry and take a picture and then start scrubbing. Needless to say, after another bath and new change of clothes for Briggs because he was so covered, we came in during the opening song.

5 comments:

shellie said...

Sorry we missed Bryten's B-day. I thought about her the day before and than forgot. Tell her we love her. So funny! I am impressed that you made it in time for the opening song. Briggs is growing so much and looks alot like Byron. Can't wait to see you Love ya

Angie said...

I'm pretty impressed you made it for the opening song!!! That would have almost made it reason to not make it at all!!! Cute little war hero's though!!

Tai said...

Gotta love kids and markers!! Looks like you have been very busy and having lots of fun!! Happy birthday to you and Bryten!!!

Full House said...

So I know you posted this a while ago but I had to comment. Do you see any difference between raising little girls & little boys;) What little cuties. Your sisters kids are so big.

Miss ya.

Anne said...

Monica, how are ya? Haven't talked to you for a bit. I shall call soon. I love this post. I picture you keeping your cool. Whereas I would've not even thought of stopping to take photos. But these moments are priceless. Nice!